Monday, December 3, 2007

Fear and loathing

After brunch yesterday I called my friend Katherine and we went to a little gift party and bought some handmade gifts and had a few drinks.
We then decided to go to the bar her boyfriend works at for more.

I got a text from Emo boy.
Katherine encourages me to get him to meet us.
He takes the bus over, so it takes an hour or so.
We have had a few drinks by the time he shows up and have just ordered food.
He looks at me as he sits down and says "You're drunk."
I'm not working tomorrow is my response.
He seems very disapointed.
It just gets worse.
I go to the bathroom and when I return he and Katherine are in a heated conversation about Johnny Depp and Hunter S. Thompson. She walks away and I try to pick up the pieces. Emo boy hs become psycho. Tears are coming out of my eyes.

I'm not even PMSing. I am just tired of dating. I'm tired of being misunderstood.

I say to him lets go for a walk. I apologize and we walk down the street and I tell him he' a sweet guy but this is obviously not working. Good luck.
I know he thinks I'm a freak. I have never done anything like this before with someone I didn't know.
I am his worst internet date.

I get home and call James Dean. He listens to my story and makes me feel better. He says maybe he'll bring his daughter over to make Christmas cards.
I will never find someone to love again.
I'm so sad.
I'm drunk.
It snowed today.
I skiped yoga for the first time since starting.
James Dean calls to say they can't make it over for card making. I'm busy Tuesday and Wednesday. It won't happen. At least he made an effort.

No comments: