Thursday, March 6, 2008

I am not older than Obama

So Travis sent me a message and wanted to meet up on Friday.

We planed to meet at Thai Ku, then a few messages later he asked "what about tonight, LOL. Then Friday could be our second date." Why the LOL...anyway I ignored it.

Sure, I wrote call me if you want to do it. I let him go to voicemail. He mentions Kings (cheesy), Ocho (so new I'm not impressed plus when the girls and I went there not such good service), and Hazelwood...the tiniest bar ever in Ballard. He says let's meet upstairs. What the? Seriously the bar is like 8'x12'.

Fine, this should have been a sign for things to come, but I called back and said sure, drink at 8pm? ok. He leaves it with, "see you upstairs", I laughed "maybe I'll see you downstairs, if I'm on time." Seriously has he ever been to Haxelwood on a Wednesday night? It's not like it's going to be packed at 8pm.

Drinks/food:

So I as I walk in the door, he is standing at the bar (downstairs!) with a glass of red. I have the same and we go upstairs. The first thing he notices is that turntables are set up and procedes to tell be about how this past weekend he was here and some people were sitting where the turntables are (wonder where the bench went?) and about how drunk these people were and how they were playing with a breathalizer...guess you had to be there.

Topics of conversation:

Work: he tells me the tiltle of his job, and then says "Do you know what that is?" It's one of those tech sales type jobs.

Living: no dog, has lived in Manhattan the same time I did and shopped at my store, comes from Eastern WA and I know of some people he knows.

Travel: he casually mentions he's going to Austin next week, but not for work. I ask for South by Southwest? He's like "how do you know about that?" Hahahah...he lost me there. like I wouldn't know about sxsw.

Politics: oh no...how did we get here? He claims Obama is 38 (on the basis that he has young kids) This is when I decide he can pay for my glass of wine. Proceeds to talk shit about Hillary.

Time to go home.

He claims to be tired since before he met me he had a big bowl of rice and veggies and a beer at Thai ku...whatever, if he wanted to go out to dinner... this is the type of man who feels drinks are all he wants on a first date.

I email him thanking him and letting him know Obama is 46. Don't expect to hear back.

oh and when I told him I'm just been on vacaion in Kauai, he said "You don't look tan" Aaaagh!!

No comments: