Sunday, October 21, 2007

shopping and rockabilly boys

Today I started something with a rockabilly boy this morning who ended up asking me to dinner tonight. I'm all for action so I went to dinner.

But
First I went shopping with one of my oldest friends, Heather. We are in similar positions, single and 40, well she's technically not 40 till next Spring, but it's not like it's anything but a number.

Heather is cute. She is slim, goes to the gym, does yoga, runs. She looks good in Levi's and high heels. She is a girly girl. She owns a townhouse and drives a Lexus SUV. She is in sales and travels a lot for work. She is approached by men everywhere she travels. No problems having male friends in her sales territories that she sees when in town for business. Men buy her drinks when she's at a bar, and not always on expense accounts.
Except in Seattle, there is something in the water or maybe it's the coffee. They don't enjoy women here, I'm convinced.
The best thing is to try to find one who just moved here from somewhere else..

She is on Match.com.
So far she's gone out on 4 dates (but she admits she's not putting the time into it). She says the worst was a guy who kept talking about some other guy...she began to think maybe he was gay and just hadn't realized it, so she asked "Who is Jeff, you keep talking about him?", and he said it was his room mate. Ruined it for her. She wants a home owner or at least someone who lives alone! hahaha.
She also wants an older established man. She sent her early 30's dating men 8 years younger, just like I did. I still don't think this is a problem. I have personally found the younger ones to be more open and fun.
Recently,
She met an older cowboy who lived over the pass. Too far away.
She went out three times with room mate boy before realizing he wasn't for her.
She was set up by some friends, but the guy was flaky.
Not having much luck either.

While we are shopping I'm texting the Rockabilly boy.
We decide to meet at Bad Albert's for dinner, he has band rehearsal at 8 so it will be quick.

Food/drink: He doesn't drink alcohol so orders a Shirley Temple, I order a beer. He doesn't eat beef so gets a chicken pasta dish. I get a burger.

Topics of conversation:
Drumming, he's really into it and is trying to get into a marching corps. Interesting. Sort of.
Work: He's a painter...as in paints interiors, explains the weird look in his eye, too much inhalation of chemicals! I work at an art store, he knows it! Amazing.
Tats: He has many. I have 2
Slut: He is one, he admits that he usually researches his date more off the Internet. He asks me if I want to go to his house and fuck at least 3 times. What's up with that? I don't even think he's that into me.
He seems jumpy, is it drugs?

He does ask me if I'd like to come to his show next weekend. Unfortunately I will be visiting my mother in Yakima and going to hear David Sedaris read.

We split the check.
Take his dogs for a quick walk and smoke a cigarette. His dogs are cuter than he is.

I'm over rude rockabilly boys.

No comments: